Here's some more info..
We are regathering for contact-free worship at Howard's Creek!
This is going to look a little different than our usual outdoor services so here's what you need to know:
- There will be one service time:10:00 AM
- The services will be held outdoors, weather permitting.
- The service will be live streamed for those who choose to stay home
- Parking: Attendants will be on hand to help. We will use every other space. Those needing to remain in vehicles may park closest. Those with handicap parking needs or other needs may use flashers and attendants will assist.
- Please bring your own lawn chairs/blankets!
- We will distance ourselves even in an outdoor service
- If it rains (welcome to Boone!) we will relocate inside and practice all the CDC and state recommendations and social distancing.
Here are those recommendations we will be practicing:
IF WE ARE INDOORS:
- Seating: will be directed by our Greeters. We will sit every other pew. Couples and families are allowed to sit together. There will be a minimum of two seats between each individual worshipers/family units to allow for social distancing. Please be mindful (and cooperative) that you may or may not be seated in your “usual place.”
- Enter/Exit: Please know that we must cooperate for the interest of each person by being seated and exiting as instructed. There will be a specific entrance/exit that will be designated and instructed by our Greeter teams. At exiting: we ask that you remain seated until you are directed to leave. Please do not congregate at the entry/exit ways or in the hallways. Upon leaving you are encouraged to communicate with others, but please maintain safe distances and be conscious to not block the free flow of people entering and exiting the building.
- Mask Required Room: There will be a designated room that will have a live feed to the worship service that will require a mask be worn at all times.
- Attendance Log: We have plenty of room for everyone! In order to ensure a safe worship environment we will have a sign in table for all attenders.
- Children: No Nursery, Preschool, or Children’s Church will be provided.
- Music: Corporate singing will be limited in our indoor services and masks are encouraged to participate in singing. Singing outdoors is fine!
- Masks: Masks are not mandatory, but are strongly encouraged as we seek to protect our vulnerable populations.
- Giving: Containers will be located in the entry and exit areas so that you can bring your tithe and offerings. No offering plates will be passed. Online giving is still encouraged as well.
- Distancing: All persons who attend worship are asked to remain at least 6 feet from other worshipers at all times. Couples and families are allowed to sit together, as well as those who might be traveling to the services with them. We ask that there be no physical touching, handshaking, or hugging - but wave away!
- Capacity: Howard’s Creek will follow the standards set by the state of North Carolina and the CDC in determining a functioning capacity of persons in our Sanctuary (or alternate location) at any given time. Once that capacity is reached we can not allow any other persons to enter. With marking off every other pew and space between families, we estimate accommodating up to 75 people in the Sanctuary. Once registration has reached capacity in one service we will encourage attendance in the other service. If both services reach capacity, we will have an overflow room in the Fellowship Hall with a live feed to worship.
- Worship Service Sanitation: Prior to and after each service, the worship center and restrooms will be sanitized. All surfaces and pews/chairs will be wiped down with sanitizing solutions.
- Bible Study: There will be no Sunday School or Wednesday Night classes until further notice. Classes and groups are encouraged to continue via Zoom.
- Individuals who have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive or is symptomatic should not attend and continue to utilize online ministries.
- Individuals who have traveled internationally or to a domestic hot spot in the past 2 weeks should not attend and continue to utilize online ministries at this time.
- Individuals with underlying medical conditions should use their own discernment regarding attendance. We will think no less of members who elect to continue to utilize online ministries during these days.
- No food or drinks
- Follow “Entrance Only” and “Exit Only” directional signs.
- Containers to collect the offering will be at the worship center doors and in various spots outdoors.
- Wash or sanitize hands frequently (hand sanitation stations at each entrance and across the outdoor areas).
QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE ENTERING FOR WORSHIP:
If your answer is “YES” to any of these questions, please remain home for the safety of your fellow church members.
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours
- Have you had a new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
These are our beginning guidelines, recognizing that the recommendations from the CDC and our local health professionals are for everyone’s best interest. We will change and modify this plan as needed, and make every effort to communicate changes. Please be patient with us as we attempt to guide the church during this unprecedented time. We look with great anticipation to the renewing of our opportunity to worship the Lord together, as a caring, loving Church!
WE KNOW THIS IS A LOT!
We want you to know everything we are doing to offer a safe worship experience and we can't wait to see you at church!
Have any questions? CALL 828-264-1908, or EMAIL